May is national Asthma and Allergy awareness month, and the week of May 12-18 is dedicated to raising awareness about food allergies. Join Kids With Food Allergies (KFA) and the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) in educating others about the prevalence and seriousness of food allergies and related conditions:
1) Forward this to your friends by using our social sharing options
2) Participate in KFA's annual Faces of Food Allergies photo-sharing event
3) Send invitations to join KFA's community
4) Sign up to receive free printed newsletters from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA)
5) Join AAFA's advocacy efforts by signing up to receive legislative alerts
6) Tag yourself on KFA's Facebook timeline cover
7) Save and upload KFA's timeline cover to your own timeline
8) Use KFA's "proud supporter" image as profile picture on your social networks
9) Share food allergy facts posted on KFA's blog and Facebook page May 13-17
10) Make a food allergy-friendly recipe and share it with loved ones
11) Watch an archived webinar from KFA and share the video with your teachers, caregivers, family and friends
12) Make a donation to KFA to support our efforts to improve the daily lives of families managing food allergies and help them create a safe and healthy future for their children
13) Create a disaster preparedness plan for your family and send shelf-stable allergy-friendly foods to your child's school or caregivers to be stored in their emergency kits.
14) Watch and share KFA's video, "A Child's View of Food Allergies". Help your child(ren) create their own video to spread awareness and upload it to KFA's community and/or YouTube.
15) Register for KFA's upcoming free webinar that will help parents learn what to teach babysitters and caregivers about food allergies. Invite your friends to register as well.