Blog

Peanut, Tree Nut (Almond) Allergy Alert: Reily Foods Chili Seasoning Kit
by KFA News Team KFA News Team is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. 6 hours ago
Reily Foods Recalls Chili Seasoning Kits Due to Undeclared Peanut and Almond Allergens Contact: Consumer: 1-800-535-1961   FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 19, 2014 – New Orleans, LA – Reily Foods Co., New Orleans, announced...

Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies
by KFA Food Bloggers KFA Food Bloggers is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. 23 hours ago
Egg-Free, Milk-Free Thumbprint Cookies , optionally Gluten/Wheat-Free* by Kathy Przywara   These were one of my grandmother's favorite Christmas cookies!  I remember being in her tiny kitchen and helping her roll the balls and make the...

Egg-Free, Milk-Free Wacky Double Chocolate Cookies
by KFA Food Bloggers KFA Food Bloggers is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. 1 day ago
    Egg-Free, Milk-Free Wacky Double Chocolate Cookies by Kandi Williams   How did I not know about these cookies? I was looking for a new cookie recipe to try and found Wacky Double Chocolate Cookies . We love Wacky Cake, so what's not...

Peanut Allergy Alert - Zachary Confections, Inc Market Pantry (Target) Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds
by KFA News Team KFA News Team is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. 1 day ago
Zachary Confections, Inc. Announces a Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Market Pantry (Target) Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds For Undeclared Peanut in Product Contact: Consumer: (800) 316-6151   FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — December 18, 2014...

Sean Parker Pledges $24 Million to Launch Allergy Research Center at Stanford
by Kids With Food Allergies Kids With Food Allergies is online. Click for Member Snapshot. December 18, 2014 1:36 PM · 1 comment
Allergies | Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy Research | Stanford Medicine Stanford, Calif. — December 17, 2014— Allergies, whether they are to food, drugs, the environment, or other triggers, have potentially adverse consequences for...

Study Shows Epinephrine Auto-Injectors and Asthma Inhalers Used Incorrectly
by Kids With Food Allergies Kids With Food Allergies is online. Click for Member Snapshot. December 18, 2014 1:31 PM · 1 comment
Only 16 percent of epinephrine users and 7 percent of inhaler users got it right ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. (December 18, 2014) - Millions of Americans with severe allergies and asthma are prescribed medical devices to help relieve symptoms and...

Macaroons Recipe Free of Milk and Eggs (Wheat-Free Option)
by KFA Food Bloggers KFA Food Bloggers is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. December 18, 2014 1:19 PM
  Egg-Free, Milk-Free Macaroons by Lisa (Monster-Mom)   I made Lynn's Coconut Macaroons for my son's coconut trial. They were so good I had to hide the bag from myself! I replaced the agave with Lyle's golden syrup, and used potato starch...

My Favorite Egg-Free Holiday Cookies Recipe
by KFA Food Bloggers KFA Food Bloggers is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. December 18, 2014 1:08 PM
  Egg-Free Holiday Cookies by LSK (Lynn)   We have a huge collection of cookie cutters for different holidays and all sorts of other occasions. Our kids love to help make the cookie dough and cut out the cookies. Sometimes we leave the...

Gingerbread Cookies: Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Gluten-Free Recipes
by KFA Food Bloggers KFA Food Bloggers is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. December 18, 2014 12:56 PM · 1 comment
  Egg-Free, Milk-Free Gingerbread Cookies and Gluten-Free Option by Kathy Przywara   These are a perennial favorite in our house and a tradition every year! It's the only cookie that my kids actually request....erhm, insist on! I have a...

Tips to Safely Celebrate Christmas with Food Allergies
by Kids With Food Allergies Kids With Food Allergies is online. Click for Member Snapshot. December 18, 2014 12:15 PM
AT HOME:   While most children are excited about the prospect of gifts under the tree, it‘s helpful to remind them why you are celebrating and to reinforce your family’s beliefs.  It is also a wonderful time to create your own...

Peanut Allergy Notice: New Burger King Menu Item Contains Peanuts
by Kids With Food Allergies Kids With Food Allergies is online. Click for Member Snapshot. December 16, 2014 4:17 PM
Burger King Corporation has notified us about a new product they are launching:     December 16, 2014 Dear Kids With Food Allergies, Re: New Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cup Pie product launch at Burger King® Restaurants Burger King...

Tips to Safely Celebrate Chanukah with Food Allergies
by Kids With Food Allergies Kids With Food Allergies is online. Click for Member Snapshot. December 15, 2014 11:42 AM
Chanukah at Home Chanukah is a fun and exciting holiday for children. Children look forward to the candles, games, gifts, parties and fun. But because Chanukah celebrations often involve food, it takes extra planning to make sure that everyone has a...

Egg-Free, Milk-Free Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
by KFA Food Bloggers KFA Food Bloggers is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. December 13, 2014 4:49 PM · 2 comments
  Egg-Free, Milk-Free Pumpkin Cookies by Kandi Williams   My mom always makes batches and batches of these every fall. And now I do. It's just not fall without them! I always get requests for the recipe when I make them for events. I can...

Fish (Anchovies) Allergy Alert: Whalen's Horseradish Products, Inc Seafood & Burger Sauce
by KFA News Team KFA News Team is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. December 10, 2014 9:02 PM
Whalen’s Horseradish Products, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Anchovy in Whalen’s Seafood & Burger Sauce Contact: Consumer: (518) 587-6404 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 9, 2014 – Whalen’s Horseradish...

Fish (Anchovies) Allergy Alert: Real Foods LLC Chef Salad with Ham and Turkey
by KFA News Team KFA News Team is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. December 10, 2014 8:16 PM
Washington Firm Recalls Chef Salads with Ham And Turkey Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens Class II Recall 084-2014 Health Risk: Low Dec 10, 2014   Congressional and Public Affairs Joan Lindenberger  (202) 720-9113    ...

Different Types of Food Allergies (Free Patient Handout)
by Kids With Food Allergies Kids With Food Allergies is online. Click for Member Snapshot. December 10, 2014 4:59 PM · 4 comments
This  free two-page handout  explains the different types of allergic reactions to foods. IgE Mediated Food Allergies  Non-IgE Mediated Food Allergies  Symptoms and Treatments Cross-Reactivity and Oral Allergy Syndrome Eosinophilic...

Saving Jason's Life
by Kids With Food Allergies Kids With Food Allergies is online. Click for Member Snapshot. December 10, 2014 3:59 PM
    “Two nights ago, we were shocked when 5-year-old Jason started to have a reaction at home. I was terrified to see it progress so quickly. We knew we had to use the epinephrine auto-injector and call 911.” This is a true...

New Jersey Epinephrine Bill Will Save Children's Lives
by Kids With Food Allergies Kids With Food Allergies is online. Click for Member Snapshot. December 8, 2014 4:56 PM
Dear Advocate, The New Jersey Senate is currently considering a bill (S801) that would require schools in the state to keep a supply of undesignated epinephrine auto-injectors for use in emergencies. If a student experiences a severe allergic...

Peanut Allergy Alert - Safeway Select French Salted Caramel (Fleur De Sel) Premuim Ice Cream
by KFA News Team KFA News Team is offline. Click for Member Snapshot. December 8, 2014 12:49 PM
Safeway Recalls Safeway Select French Salted Caramel (Fleur De Sel) Premium Ice Cream Sold November 4 through December 5 Due to an Undeclared Peanut Allergen Contact: Consumer: 877-SAFEWAY Media: Teena Massingill 925-467-3810...

Cashew Allergy Alert:  White Chocolate Macadamia Gluten Free Luna Bars
by Kids With Food Allergies Kids With Food Allergies is online. Click for Member Snapshot. December 5, 2014 6:47 PM
Voluntary Market Withdrawal of 15-Packs and 6-Packs of White Chocolate Macadamia Gluten Free LUNA® Bars Contact: Keely Wachs 510-596-6659 kwachs@clifbar.com   FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 5, 2014 - Clif Bar & Company is...

Older ›