WHEN: Tuesday, July 28, 2015
TIME: 1 PM - 2 PM Eastern time
WHERE: Your computer, iOS or Android device
An oral food challenge in a medical setting is the main way of confirming the presence of a food allergy. Many parents wonder what will happen during an oral food challenge (OFC) if it is their child’s first time.
Join Dr. Irene J. Mikhail and Kids With Food Allergies for this free webinar, “Oral Food Challenges: What to Expect.”
Dr. Mikhail, an allergist and immunologist at Nationwide Children’s in Columbus, Ohio, will cover:
• When will we know that the time is right for an OFC?
• What are the risks and benefits of an OFC?
• How well do children tolerate the challenge?
• What do we need to do to prepare for a challenge?
• Why would a challenge be postponed?
• What happens after the challenge?
You may submit your questions in advance on the registration form.
We will record this webinar. If you cannot attend the live presentation, a link to the recording will be emailed to you a few days after the event.
We thank Mylan for providing an unrestricted sponsorship of this webinar.