Thanksgiving is an important time to connect with friends and family and to reflect on all you have to be thankful for. You will need to plan in advance to ensure everyone is safe since the holiday itself centers on the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
Download our new handout with tips to help you celebrate Thanksgiving safely. The best option for your family will depend on your child’s age, developmental level and individual medical history. Be sure to check our “safety tips” before planning any food celebration. Share this handout with family, friends and teachers.
This new tip sheet includes:
- Alternatives to Thanksgiving traditions
- Safe meal preparation and serving checklist
- Tips for celebrating at home
- Tips for celebrating away from home
- Tips for parents and teachers for celebrating Thanksgiving without food
This tip sheet was written in collaboration with Gina M. Lee, education consultant.