Skip to main content

Add Comment

Comments (2)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

I posted about how I made these in What's For Dinner.

This is kind of a cross between a taco and quesadilla. They were a big hit! Even DH loved them and he hates anything fried!

Combine a can of drained/rinsed black beans w/ minced garlic, shallot, jalapeno, and a handful of frozen corn. I added cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix it up and mash it around a little. Or start with your favorite can of seasoned black beans.

Put some oil in a pan and get it heated up. Put a tortilla in the pan and let it start to sizzle. Add filling, not too much, to half the tortilla. Add a little dairy-free cheese if you want. Flip up the other half of the tortilla and press it down.

If your pan is large enough, move it to the side and start another tortilla. I used my large pan and could get 2 in at a time using the larger corn tortillas.

Gently flip along the folded edge once the bottom is browned. Remove and serve once the second side is browned.

I'm sure small flour tortillas would work fine! I used the extra large white corn tortillas. They would be great w/ the smallest corn tortillas as appetizers too. The grain-free Siete tortillas work well here too. Just follow the directions to "cook" them first then add the filling while it's still in the pan.

My tomatillo salsa is just fresh tomatillos, jalapeno, shallot, lime juice, and salt. I pulse the veggies in my Magic Bullet then add lime juice and salt to taste.

Kathy P
Last edited by Kathy P
Link copied to your clipboard.