Celebrating a Big Day!

Celebrating a Big Day!
Kennedy

Add Comment

Comments (8)

Newest · Oldest · Popular
Brenda Silvia-Torma posted:
kennyjsmom17 posted:

Sorry! I was trying to upload from my cell phone and have SO much I wanted to add- but my caption could only hold 255 characters so my caption is posted below in a comment because I timed out of my allowed 15 minutes to edit my post (because it took so long to crop out so much info!) TY! 

My original post:

Kennedy just turned ONE last week and has been struggling with multiple food allergies since birth (this is her admiring her allergen free cake!) I feel as if food allergies in babies are so misunderstood, and often times I felt like I was being judged as a mom who “just didn’t want to feed my baby new things”. With Kennedy’s primary source of nutrition being Elecare since birth we have had minimal advancements in her diet. We are hopeful for more awareness in food allergies for infants and children and more options to help promote development of self-feeding in the future for this special group of God’s children.

@kennyjsmom17 , so glad Kennedy enjoyed her birthday cake!! She looks so happy! Hope you'll join us in our Babies, toddlers and preschoolers forum

- Brenda

Thank you for recommending the forum! I will definitely be looking into this!

Kathy P posted:

Oh my gosh, that is too cute! Being formula only can definitely be a unique challenge to support typical milestones and development. As Melissa mentioned below, we have members in our our GI Support Forum who can help with ideas. If she has any safe foods at all, we can help with ideas to create finger foods. 

It definitely is a challenge to support typical milestones and developments with majority of her intake being formula. She is loving life now that she has some flavor to her Elecare (Vanilla!) and is slowly progressing with fruits and vegetables. Thank you for the suggestion of the GI support forum. I will definitely be reaching out. 

Oh my gosh, that is too cute! Being formula only can definitely be a unique challenge to support typical milestones and development. As Melissa mentioned below, we have members in our our GI Support Forum who can help with ideas. If she has any safe foods at all, we can help with ideas to create finger foods. 

kennyjsmom17 posted:

Sorry! I was trying to upload from my cell phone and have SO much I wanted to add- but my caption could only hold 255 characters so my caption is posted below in a comment because I timed out of my allowed 15 minutes to edit my post (because it took so long to crop out so much info!) TY! 

My original post:

Kennedy just turned ONE last week and has been struggling with multiple food allergies since birth (this is her admiring her allergen free cake!) I feel as if food allergies in babies are so misunderstood, and often times I felt like I was being judged as a mom who “just didn’t want to feed my baby new things”. With Kennedy’s primary source of nutrition being Elecare since birth we have had minimal advancements in her diet. We are hopeful for more awareness in food allergies for infants and children and more options to help promote development of self-feeding in the future for this special group of God’s children.

@kennyjsmom17 , so glad Kennedy enjoyed her birthday cake!! She looks so happy! Hope you'll join us in our Babies, toddlers and preschoolers forum

- Brenda

My original post:

Kennedy’s primary nutrition has been Elecare since birth with minimal advancements. We are hopeful for more awareness in food allergies for infants and children and more options to help promote development of self-feeding for the littlest of God’s children. 

Oh, how precious! I LOVE the skirt around the high chair!

We will be using these photos to create a picture report with ideas to help improve the lives of these Faces of Food Allergies. Do you have an idea for change to add to your photo? 

Kids With Food Allergies
A Division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
8201 Corporate Drive Suite 1000 Landover, MD 20785
Phone: 1-800-7-ASTHMA (1.800.727.8462)
-->