Join AAFA Vice President of Policy and Programs, Charlotte Collins, J.D., and KFA Medical Advisory Team Chair Michael Pistiner, MD, MMSc, to learn more about your state's requirements for issues affecting those with asthma, food allergy and environmental allergies. The discussion will detail how you can learn more about policies in your state ranging from whether students can carry their epinephrine auto-injectors, to what your state's nurse-to-student ratio is, to whether schools require parent notification for pesticide applications on campus. See how you can use AAFA's 2013 State Honor Roll report to understand how your state is faring compared to others, and how advocates and policy makers can use this report as a blueprint to improve policies nationwide.
This FREE webinar is made possible by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Mylan. A watch & win giveaway will be provided by Enjoy Life Foods. All webinars presented by KFA are recorded and archived for your convenience. Even if you cannot attend live, you can register to receive a follow-up email with a link to the video and resources.
This webinar will include a review of the AAFA State Honor Roll 2013 report so you can learn:
· Does your state have laws in place that give students rights to self-carry their asthma inhalers and epinephrine auto-injectors?
· Does your state have a law in place requiring reporting of reactions, asthma attacks and medication administrations?
· Does your state have a law in place for use of undesignated “stock” epinephrine for allergy emergencies?
· Does your state require schools to have emergency protocols in place for asthma and anaphylaxis?
· Does your state have a nurse-to-student ratio of 1:750 or better? If not, what can you do to help protect your children in school?
· How aware is your state in recognizing the problem of asthma and allergy in schools and has it begun to address these important issues?
· Does your state mandate that schools have indoor air quality management policies?
· Does your state mandate schools to notify parents of upcoming pesticide applications?
· Is smoking prohibited in school buildings and on school grounds?