Skip to main content

Add Comment

Comments (5)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

We magnate allergies to milk, egg, peanut, and tomato. 90% of the time we just pack shelf stable products but when we know we are going to be out and about during a meal time we pack something in a thermos that is preheated, like chicken nuggets. We do pack everything in a cooler as well so if we happen so need to throw an ice pack in we don’t have to switch bags. C69ECE92-A835-4312-8F47-64BF19C3BEEB

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 72064E31-EB37-458F-972C-012037E225F5
  • C69ECE92-A835-4312-8F47-64BF19C3BEEB

Cool idea on the thermos for keeping chicken nuggets warm -- do they stay crisp? I've tried other meats in a thermos, but nothing breaded because I was afraid that the crust would get soggy. 

Cynthia

DD - 18 corn and apple, peanut, oat and soy 

Me - Avoiding celery in processed foods after RXN to celery

Learn the basics of food allergy management with KFA's online course - Enroll Today!

I'll bet they're still delicious!

I'm wondering if you could try putting them in a zip top bag or vacuum sealed bag, and then dropping them and a safe slice of bread in the thermos -- the bread might absorb the moisture from condensation and the zip top bag might help keep the tenders a tad drier.

You could post a question on KFA's Food and Cooking Forum, and I'll bet there may be folks there who might have a solution. I'd love to hear more ideas about using a thermos to take different types of foods besides soups on the road. 

Cynthia

DD - 18 corn and apple, peanut, oat and soy 

Me - Avoiding celery in processed foods after RXN to celery

Learn the basics of food allergy management with KFA's online course - Enroll Today!

A Division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
1235 South Clark Street Suite 305, Arlington, VA 22202
Phone: 1-800-7-ASTHMA (1.800.727.8462)
-->
Link copied to your clipboard.