Skip to main content

Cupcakes with a Whipped Ganache frosting (egg, milk, peanut & treenut free) Image

Add Comment

Comments (9)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

Egg & dairy-free cake = wacky cake (super easy to make!).

Ganache is dark chocolate gently melted with (usually) heavy cream - to make these dairy-free, I used "full fat" coconut milk (the kind in a can).

I used THIS ganche recipe / tutorial - and used safe chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life) and coconut milk in a can (full fat - not the "light kind!), and added a little vanilla.

I don't have a kitchen scale, so I estimated amounts using the weight info from the chocolate chip and coconut milk packages. I've found it best to start with a little LESS coconut milk than I think I need, then add more if the ganache is too thick.

When the ganache is cooled but still a little warm, it is very pourable and works great to pour over cakes / cupcakes. When it cools you get a pretty shiny chocolate covered cake.

To make whipped ganache - I let the ganache cool all the way until it was pretty solid, then used a beater to whip it into a frosting consistency. It melts easily, so I kept these in the fridge until it was almost time for dessert.

(Tip for coconut milk in a can - the fat often separates. So what I do is put the UNOPENED can in a small bowl or cup of very hot water and let it sit for a minute or two. Then I shake the can to mix the coconut milk back up.)

LSK
Link copied to your clipboard.