Kids with Food Allergies (KFA) has a new look! We have redesigned our logo, our website, and our Safe Eats® Allergy-Friendly Recipe Collection to better help you manage your child’s food allergies with confidence.
We asked for feedback from our online community for parents, health care providers, and other KFA stakeholders. Based on that feedback, we redesigned the KFA website to improve accessibility and support for people managing food allergies.
Here are some of the changes you may notice:
- An updated design
- A new logo
- Easier-to-read text
- Streamlined menu navigation
- Improved search function
Children are at the heart of our work, and food allergies affect children of all populations and ages. We worked with Farida Zaman, an artist who specializes in children’s book illustrations, to create fun and diverse representations of children of various ages and cultures that we have incorporated into our new brand.
Along with the redesign of KFA, we also updated the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America’s (AAFA) website as we celebrate 70 years of supporting people with asthma and allergies. KFA is the food allergy division of AAFA.
Members of our online community will also notice a new look. On the community you will find:
- Streamlined menu navigation – all content including forum topics, blogs, and surveys will be under one menu item titled “Posts”
- New subgroups will be easier to find and join
- A weekly “What’s New” digest email with a personalized summary of trending posts, upcoming events, and content by people you follow (watch for more information soon on how you can change your notifications)
Our goal is that the new kidswithfoodallergies.org will be a lively and inclusive hub for expanding the awareness and understanding of food allergies. Our website offers:
- Evidence-based information to help people manage food allergies
- A free, online support community to connect with other people who live with food allergies
- Updates about KFA’s projects, research, and advocacy efforts
- Resources for stakeholders, such as health care providers, community health organizations, and advocates, seeking to improve health outcomes
Our dedication to saving lives and reducing the burden of food allergies through support, advocacy, education, and research remains the same. KFA’s new brand is another step in our efforts to serve as a vital lifeline to families raising children with food allergies.
Your support makes it possible for us to provide life-saving and life-changing programs for people living with food allergies. Please consider a gift to KFA to help us continue to fulfill our mission and be a lifeline of support for years to come.