The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) has been fighting to save lives for nearly 70 years. With your support, we provide education, conduct patient-centered research and advocate for protections for our food allergy community. Our experience and strong community ties allowed us to take prompt action on the COVID-19 crisis. (Kids With Food Allergies is a division of AAFA.)
Thanks to your generous support, we are leading the fight against COVID-19 for families managing food allergies. But we need your help to continue to provide COVID-19 relief.
SUPPORT AAFA'S COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
Since the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19 emerged, AAFA took immediate action to:
- Track its progression through the U.S. and communicate updates to our community
- Conduct a survey about the real-life impacts on families
- Develop a symptom-checker tool with our experts
- Provide guidance for people with asthma, eczema and food allergies as new data emerges
- Work with federal and state governments to ensure people have access to asthma medicines and health care
- Urge governors to enact a coordinated action plan to reduce the spread of the disease
- Meet with pharmaceutical companies about drug shortage concerns
- Meet with manufacturers to discuss how they can support our community during this crisis
- Join a task force led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to advocate for people at risk from COVID-19
Our work is not finished. People are still struggling with the impact of the pandemic – from missing in-clinic treatments and food shortages to loss of employment and health insurance. COVID-19 has made our community more vulnerable than ever. Please give as generously as possible to help us all get through this together.
Donate now to our COVID-19 relief fund to help us continue our life-saving work to keep families with food allergies safe.
Your ally in good health,
AAFA CEO and President