This free two-page handout explains the different types of allergic reactions to foods.
- IgE Mediated Food Allergies
- Non-IgE Mediated Food Allergies
- Symptoms and Treatments
- Cross-Reactivity and Oral Allergy Syndrome
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
- Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome (FPIES)
- Allergic Proctocolitis
This handout is available with a Creative Commons License. It is free to download, copy and share with other parents, patients, at health fairs, in physician offices or other places where this information will be helpful. Physicians are welcome to upload into their electronic health record system.
It has been written in an "easy-to-read" format to help with better understanding anaphylaxis, how to avoid it, and how to be prepared to treat it.
Print copies are available for physicians' offices, health fairs and other group uses.