Allergy Alert Issued in Select Northern California Whole Foods Market Stores for Undeclared Egg in Some Cookies
For Immediate Release
March 25, 2018
Nine Whole Foods Market stores in Northern California are voluntarily recalling some decorated (iced) cookies from the self-service cookie displays because the products contained egg allergen that was not listed on the product sign. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
All affected products have been removed from store shelves. The affected cookies are iced in the shape of eggs, bunnies or chicks and were available unwrapped in the self-service bulk cookie displays. The products were sold on or before March 25th, 2018. One illness has been reported to date.
The cookies were sold in the following locations in Northern California:
• 777 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126
• 3000 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, CA 94705
• 270 Palladio Pkwy, Folsom, CA 95630
• 650 W. Shaw Ave, Fresno, CA 93704
• 690 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117
• 800 Del Monte Center, Monterey, CA 93940
• 3682 Bel Aire Plaza, Napa, CA 94558
• 450 Rhode Island St, San Francisco, CA 94107
• 1333 E. Newell Ave, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Customers who purchased these products at Whole Foods Market can bring a valid receipt into stores for a full refund. Consumers with additional questions can call 1-844-936-8255 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, or 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. CST Saturday through Sunday.