A critical Java update has been released to patch a vulnerability in the software. Java is used by many web applications including GoToWebinar--the program used by Kids With Food Allergies Foundation to host our online classes (webinars).
Before our class tomorrow, please update your Java to protect your computer.
- Go to www.java.com to begin the download of this important Java 7 version 11 update.
- Click on "Do I have Java?" so it will detect which version you have running on your computer and recommend the update you need.
- Click Download Java Now and follow the instructions. (Remove the check mark in the box asking you if you want a toolbar installed.)
- After the the program has installed, close all browsers.
When you join our class tomorrow, you may need to enable the Java plug-in before the virtual conference can load on your computer.
Apple uses its own Java program. The most current version of Java for Mac OS X is Java 6 Standard Edition, JRE 1.6.0_37.
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen
- Select Software Update
- If there is an update available, you will be prompted to install it.