Updated 6/13/2016 - the “use by” dates for two of the impacted multipack products that might contain the affected Rold Gold 1 oz. Tiny Twists pretzels.
PLANO, Texas – Frito-Lay today announced a voluntary recall of select Rold Gold Tiny Twists, Rold Gold Thins, Rold Gold Sticks and Rold Gold Honey Wheat Braided due to a potential undeclared peanut allergen.
This recall is the direct result of a recent recall by a Frito-Lay supplier of certain lots of flour for undeclared peanut residue. The Rold Gold products subject to the recall may have been produced using the recalled flour and, as a result, these Rold Gold products may contain low levels of undeclared peanut residue.
The affected Rold Gold packages are sold in retail stores and via foodservice and vending customers throughout the United States, and have “guaranteed fresh” dates ranging from June 28, 2016 - August 23, 2016 on the front of the package. Directly underneath the “guaranteed fresh” date is a 9-digit manufacturing code that includes the numbers “32” in the second and third position (example: x32xxxxxx).
The following products with the above-described “guaranteed fresh” dates and manufacturing codes are impacted:
- Rold Gold Tiny Twists - 1 oz. , 2 oz., 16 oz. and 20½ oz.
- Rold Gold Thins - 4 oz. and 16 oz.
- Rold Gold Sticks - 16 oz.
- Rold Gold Honey Wheat Braided - 10 oz.
It is important to note that products that do not include 32 in the second and third positions of the manufacturing code are not impacted.
The Rold Gold Tiny Twists are also included in select multipack offerings. The impacted multipacks have “use by” dates on the front of the package. Directly next to or underneath the “use by” date is a 11-digit manufacturing code that will include the letter combination AM, TO, QH, QC or SW in the second and third position (example: xAMxxxxxxxx). The impacted products have different, varying “use by” dates, including:
- 20 count Baked & Popped Mix -- “use by” dates ranging from May 31 – August 9, 2016
- 20 count SunChips & Rold Gold Mix -- “use by” dates ranging from June 14 - August 9, 2016
- 32 count Fun Times Mix -- “use by” dates ranging from May 31 – August 9, 2016
- 30 count Baked & Popped Variety Pack -- “use by” dates ranging from June 14 - August 9, 2016
- 30 count Home Town Favorite Variety Pack -- “use by” dates ranging from May 31 - July 26, 2016
To date, Frito-Lay has received no reports of illness related to the products covered by this recall. No other Rold Gold products or flavors are impacted. Frito-Lay has informed the FDA of our actions.
Consumers with any product noted above can return the product to retailer for a full refund, or contact Frito-Lay Consumer Relations (9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST, Mon.-Fri.) at 1-888-256-3090 or www.pretzelrecall.com.
Kids With Food Allergies has been reporting on this large scale recall of baked products since April. The list of affected foods continues to grow.