Summer is in full swing! Time for lazy days and family fun. But it's also the time to think ahead to the back-to-school season! Planning now will help ensure a safe and successful school year for your child with food allergies.
Our School Planning Zone has many free resources for families and school staff to help with managing food allergies at school. The newest addition is our Teal Classroom™ Kit, available as a free PDF download or printed booklet.
What Is a Teal Classroom™?
Teal is the color of food allergy awareness. Forty-five percent of severe allergic reactions in schools begin in the classroom. A Teal Classroom encourages being safe and inclusive for everyone with food allergies.
Our Teal Classroom Kit contains resources for teachers and other staff to promote food allergy awareness at school. It includes:
- Information about why it is important to have food-free classrooms to reduce the risk of food allergy reactions
- Food allergy awareness lessons for grades K-5
- Printable posters, activity sheets and stickers
- Non-food reward ideas
- List of hidden allergens in school craft and art supplies
- List of other food allergy resources
Share this guide with your child's teacher, school nurse and administrators as a resource to raise food allergy awareness in your child's school.
If you are just getting started with school planning, be sure to read our Must-Have School Planning Guide.