We’re sharing information from The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI). They are collecting reports from people who have gotten sick after eating Quorn.
Quorn is a brand name of meat substitutes. It is made from a fungus that is grown in a vat (like bacteria) rather than taken from the ground, like a mushroom.
Some people reported allergic reactions after eating Quorn, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and occasionally hives or difficulty breathing. Some people react the first time they eat Quorn, while some react only after building up a sensitivity. At least two deaths have been linked to Quorn.