August 12, 2014 at 1pm Eastern | 10 am Pacific
Food allergies, asthma, and environmental allergies at school present serious concerns. Some states are better than others when it comes to supporting students with these chronic diseases. Each year, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) reveals its State Honor Roll™ of Asthma and Allergy Policies for Schools. The report is an annual look at how states compare on 23 core policy issues. These core policy issues are those that affect kids and adults with asthma and allergies in schools nationwide.
Join AAFA Senior VP Charlotte Collins, JD, and Michael Pistiner, MD, MMSc for a webinar on August 12. They will discuss this report and how you can use it to find out if and how your state met the Foundation’s standards to make the “Honor Roll”. They will also show how advocates and policy makers can use this report as a blueprint to improve policies nationwide. This blue print can then be used by more states to meet the standards for making the “Honor Roll” next year.
You can learn to use this powerful tool to answer important questions, like:
• Does your state require schools to allow students to self-carry their asthma inhalers and epinephrine auto-injectors?
• Does your state have a law in place allowing schools to “stock” epinephrine for allergy emergencies?
• Does your state require schools to have procedures in place for asthma and anaphylaxis emergencies?
• Has your state begun to recognize the problem of asthma and allergy in schools? Has it begun to address these important issues?
• Does your state require that schools have policies that protect indoor air quality?
• Is smoking prohibited in school buildings, on school grounds and at school events?
We're very pleased to continue to bring physician experts to you in a free format that is easily accessible. Space is limited, so be sure to register early. Register even if you are unable to attend - we will email you the archive a few days after the event.
This webinar is made possible through a sponsorship by Mylan Specialty.