Kids With Food Allergies (KFA), a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, hosted a free educational webinar, “Can Parents Prevent Their Babies From Developing Food Allergies,” on January 13, 2015. It featured pediatric allergist Todd Green, MD, FAAAI.
Dr. Green covered issues such as:
- Should pregnant women avoid certain foods during pregnancy?
- How do you know if an infant is at high-risk of developing food allergies?
- When and how should you introduce solid foods to a high-risk infant?
- What formulas are recommended for infants who are not breastfed?
- When should you see an allergist?
- Why have the food/diet recommendations changed?
- Can food allergies be prevented?
- Why food allergies shouldn't be blamed on mothers
The video presentation is below, as well as related resources.
SUGGESTED COMMUNITY FORUMS
Connect with other parents learning to cope and grow with the same issues as your family:
Discuss topics such as pregnancy, breastfeeding, formula-feeding, introducing foods and more.
Need food or recipe ideas? Looking for new allergy-friendly foods? This is the place for you.
Research, advocacy and educational resources. AAFA is the nation's oldest and largest nonprofit for allergic diseases.
Educational resources, free webinars, videos, support, recipes and more. KFA is a division of AAFA.
Educational materials about food allergies and related allergic diseases.
YOU MAKE OUR WEBINARS POSSIBLE!
The generous support of our donors allows us to reach families who need our help. A webinar attendee recently told us:"The webinar was very well put together and very professional. I appreciate that information such as this is "out there" and given to the public free of charge. It is also nice to know that "allergy parents" are not alone...there are many, many of us out there!"
You can help ensure our webinar series continues to be accessible to all families free of charge. You enable us to give families the information they need and assure them that they are not alone in their journey. Please give generously!