An important public workshop about food allergy is happening soon. You can attend in person or listen live from your computer.
Where: Keck Center in Washington, D.C.
When: August 31 and September 1
The speakers include board-certified allergists and more. Topics will include (PDF):
- Flying with food allergies
- Food allergy management in schools and colleges
- Food allergy management in restaurants
- Current knowledge, research and trends in food allergy
- Understanding, preventing and diagnosing food allergy
- Addressing the needs and challenges of people with food allergy
- Existing food allergy legislation and regulatory issues
The online presentation includes audio and speaker slides only. It will not be recorded for later viewing. Speakers will not appear on camera. Registration is free.
The meeting is part of an ongoing food allergy research study:
Food Allergies: Global Burden, Causes, Treatment, Prevention and Public Policy
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) is conducting the study. It is co-sponsored by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). Kids With Food Allergies (KFA) is a division of AAFA. The study has a release date of 2016.