RSVP: Reserve your seat by registering
DATE: Tuesday, August 11, 2015
TIME: 1 PM - 2 PM Eastern time
WHERE: Your computer, iOS or Android device
Children with food allergies may experience anxiety. Worries and fears can come up for many reasons.
They may have had emotionally or physically distressing things happen to them. Maybe they are picking up on feelings of anxiety from their parents or other grownups. Or perhaps they overheard upsetting comments or conversations about their allergies.
Sometimes children struggle with anxiety related to:
- Trouble starting or going back to school
- Anxiety about dealing with friends, teachers or relatives who don’t have food allergies
- Replaying distressing events over and over in their minds
- Fear of trying new foods or refusing foods that are safe
Join Dr. Gianine D. Rosenblum and Kids With Food Allergies to learn about anxiety coping strategies. Dr. Rosenblum, a psychologist, specializes in the treatment of trauma. She is also the mom of a teenager with food allergies.
Join this webinar to prepare for the busy back-to-school season and beyond. You will learn:
- How anxiety affects us
- How anxiety affects children through childhood
- How to respond to your child’s difficult questions and fears
- Skills and tools to cope with anxiety
- Knowing when to get help
You may submit your questions in advance on the registration form. We will record this webinar. If you cannot attend the live presentation, we will email you a link to the recording a few days after the event.
We thank Mylan for providing an unrestricted sponsorship of this webinar.