Free webinar hosted by Kids With Food Allergies on August 20, 2013 featuring guest speakers Dayle Hayes, MS, RD, and Deb Indorato, RD, LDN. The following is the video recording and a list of resources to help you with nutrition and food safety for students with food allergies.
- Download a PDF of the slides from this webinar
- Download Safe at School and Ready to Learn (Provides guidelines to help keep children safe at school.)
Find Nutritional Information About Foods:
- Is your food-allergic child's diet nutritionally balanced?
Find a Registered Dietitian:
Food / Nutrition Education Tools:
Find Allergy-Friendly Recipes and Foods:
- Allergy-Friendly Recipes Collection from Kids With Food Allergies
- Food, Nutrition, Recipes blog by Kids With Food Allergies
- Food & Cooking Support Forums hosted by Kids With Food Allergies (including the ever-popular "What's In Your Allergy-Friendly Lunchbox?" discussion topic)
Registration is free! KFA has over 10,000 topics available for food & cooking issues alone. Be sure to utilize this free resource!
- Baking without Top Allergens - Video of a previous webinar with guest speaker and cookbook author Colette Martin
- How to read labels for common allergens (These resources will be updated soon!)
- Is your food really allergy-safe? Tips on contacting manufacturers
Managing Food Allergies at School:
- Food Allergy in School Part 1: What Parents Need to Know - Video of previous webinar that covers basic food allergy management principles and tips for different school settings (cafeteria, bus, classroom, etc.). Also includes information about handwashing and cleaning, school health plans and more free resources.
- Food Allergy in School Part 2: Ask the Experts - Video of previous webinar that featured expert speakers from across the nation. Topics covered included storage of epinephrine, food "bans", staff training and much more.
- Sample Section 504 Plans for Food Allergy
- A requirement of the Healthy Hunger-Free Child Act of 2010 will be implemented this fall and it requires all schools to update their Wellness Policy and must include parents on their committee. This is a great opportunity for parents to recommend that schools implement food-free celebrations in classrooms to benefit the health of all children.
- Dayle Hayes will be responding to additional questions submitted during our live webinar in an upcoming blog post from KFA.
- KFA's Food, Nutrition, and Recipes blog will be featuring allergy-friendly lunch ideas in the coming weeks.
- Our next free webinar is Are Your Schools Safe? State School Policies on Food Allergy, Asthma and Allergies and will be held on September 10, 2013 at 1pm Eastern.
YOU MAKE OUR WEBINARS POSSIBLE!
The generous support of our donors allows us to reach families who need our help. A webinar attendee recently told us: "The webinar was very well put together and very professional. I appreciate that information such as this is "out there" and given to the public free of charge. It is also nice to know that "allergy parents" are not alone...there are many, many of us out there!"
You can help ensure our webinar series continues to be accessible to all families free of charge. You enable us to give families the information they need and assure them that they are not alone in their journey. Please give generously!
Donate Online Donate by phone: (215) 230-5394