A high school student from Freedom High School was assessed and treated for anaphylaxis by the school's nurse. Virginia recently passed a law that allows schools to have emergency epinephrine on stock at the school, allowing schools to save the lives of children with known allergies as well as students suffering from an allergic reaction for the first time.
Read the story here: http://www.pwcs.edu/modules/ne...nt.phtml?aid=3088687
This is the second student to have been saved by Virginia's law that was passed after the tragic passing of first-grader Ammaria Johnson.
Other states are considering passing similar laws to help protect students from life-threatening allergic reactions.