Skip to main content

Some families choose to #KeepItTeal and only have non-food treats. But if you are looking for allergy-friendly treats to hand out, or for the "switch witch" to leave for your little goblin, here are some top-8 free Halloween candy ideas. These candies are free of peanut, tree nut, dairy, egg, soy, wheat, fish and shellfish ingredients.

Top-8 Allergen-Free Candies

Halloween and fall-shaped chocolates in bags and totes
Chocolate bars with Halloween wrappers
Chocolate lollipops in Halloween and fall shapes
Dark chocolate and Caramela (diabetic-friendly)
Halloween Chocolate Minis
Mini Chips and Morsels Snack Packs
Chocolate chips and morsels for making molded chocolates
Sun Cups, Caramel Cups and Mint Cups in dark or rice chocolate
Jelly beans
Sour jelly beans
Licorice Scotties
All-natural chewing gum
Halloween-shaped lollipops
Pumpkin Ganache Pralines; Halloween figurines
No Fear Chocolate Pea"not" Cups
Chocolate Bars - Mini, 1.2oz, 3.5oz
Chocolate chips for making molded chocolates
Old fashioned candy sticks in various flavors
Puffs in various flavors
Minis in peppermint or lemon
Dum Dums Lollipops*
Dum Dums Gummies (exclusively at Dollar General)
Circus Peanuts
Organic Sweet Candy
Organic Sour Tarts
Halloween novelty suckers - bats, brains, ghosts and pumpkins (no corn syrup)
Halloween Treat Packs of Organic Fruity Bears
Spooky Spiders
Gummies - Bears and Worms
Jelly Beans
Sour Gummies - Bears and Worms
Fruit Rings
Halloween Shaped Organic Lollipops
Organic Fruit Chews
Halloween Organic Fruit Lollipops
Gummy Bats and Jackolanterns
Halloween Variety Packs
Sour Beans
Hard Candy Drops

* Contains trace amount of refined soy oil used in processing.


This information is for your convenience. It is not an endorsement or a guarantee of the product's safety. Always read ingredient labels. We have confirmed that these candies do not include the top-8 allergens in the ingredients. Contact the manufacturer to confirm that their processing protocols are safe for your needs.

Always read product labels to make sure treats are safe for your family. Some candies can be repackaged with other candies that may contain allergens. Be sure you know all of the label reading "tricks" to make sure your "treats" are safe.

Join our community to follow our blog for the latest new food finds and allergy-friendly recipes.


Tags: Halloween

Add Comment

Comments (9)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

@the world This is not an allergen free list, you'll want to re-read the title because it's "Top-8 Allergen Free" which specifically refers to the FDA's list of Top 8 Allergenic foods as identified by law (Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean shellfish, Tree nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.) KFA definitely knows there's no such thing as an allergen free candy, you misread the post.

And FWIW, I've offered non food treats (toys) and candy every year at Halloween for the last 4 years.  No eggs (thankfully, because we're allergic) and every year we run out of toys and have a bucket full of candy leftover.  


None of the candies on this list are allergy-free. There is no such thing as allergy-free. If you really want to make sure no kid is left out, offer traditional chocolate candy bars that 96% of the population can eat, and have a small bag of these so-called "allergy free" ones to the side for the other 4%. 
Unless you want to spend November 1st cleaning loads of non-allergy-free eggs off of your windows. 


@KidsWithFoodAllergies I actually found the Halloween Shaped Organic Lollipops made by Wholesome Organic Candy (not the Surf Sweets brand - even on the website it's not Surf Sweets brand, although they're listed under Surf Sweets on this list) in store and there was a "manufactured in a shared facility with" statement on the bag.  Since this post is sponsored by Surf Sweets, can you clarify?  It seems the Wholesome Organic Candies are made in a different facility than the Surf Sweets candies and there isn't a Surf Sweets brand lollipop that I can find, or am I looking in the wrong place online and in store?


Hi @Dinamet7 - the candies listed are all free of the top-8 allergens and we've listed potential cross contamination issues where we are aware of them. Some companies do state that their facility is free of allergens.

This list is provided as a guide and we recommend that parents follow up with the manufacturer for any specific manufacturing questions to verify that it fits their family's needs.

Kids With Food Allergies
Last edited by Melanie Carver
Link copied to your clipboard.