Gluten-Free, Milk-Free, Egg-Free Bread Made with Sweet Potato Substituting for Egg
By Megan Stone
1 box of King Arthur Gluten-Free Bread Mix (contains 1 yeast packet)
1 ¾ cup of lukewarm (about 95 degrees) milk alternative beverage (I use So Delicious coconut milk)
¼ cup grapeseed oil (any oil or butter* will work)
¾ cup of sweet potato puree (This replaces 3 eggs. Tip: when replacing an egg, use 1/4 cup of fruit or sweet potato puree)
1. Warm milk on stove.
2. Place milk, butter/oil, sweet potato puree, and yeast in stand-up mixer and mix well.
3. Add flour mixture one cup at a time and scrape the sides between each added cup.
4. Once all the flour has been added, beat at medium-high speed for 2 minutes.
5. Lightly grease loaf pan and add bread mixture to the pan.
6. Wet fingers and spread bread mixture evenly in loaf pan.
7. Pre-heat oven to 350 °F.
8. Keep bread mixture in a warm location to rise about 20-40 minutes, or until the bread rises to the top of the loaf pan.
9. Bake 50-60 minutes.
10. Remove from loaf pan and place on cooling rack.
*If you use butter, this recipe will not be free of milk. There are milk-free and soy-free margarines available.
The information shared here is for your convenience only, it is not an endorsement or guarantee of the product's safety. Please read the ingredient labels and contact the manufacturer if needed to confirm the safety of a product for your child.
Megan Stone is a volunteer at Kids with Food Allergies. She is a mother of 3, one of which has Eosinophilic Esophagitis and on a very limited diet. She loves to take every day foods and create allergy-friendly alternatives that are not only safe for her daughter, but tasty too. All of her recipes are Top-8 Free. Megan also enjoys photography as a part-time business. You can follow their journey at lexilivingwitheoe.com