Emily Hum, age 6, recently visited the fire fighters and medics who saved her life. She was not expected to survive when her heart and breathing stopped after eating a macadamia nut cookie.
The responders performed CPR as they rushed her to the hospital. She was later airlifted to Oakland's Children's Hospital where she stabilized and spent a month in recovery.
She was later diagnosed to be allergic to all nuts.
Read more about her story here: http://www.mantecabulletin.com...on/1/article/111286/