We thank Dr. Stukus, a board-certified pediatric allergist, for preparing and giving this presentation. He reviewed five food allergy topics that are often misunderstood:
- The overuse and improper interpretation of blood testing (also known as serum IgE levels). What do the tests mean?
- The latest information on egg allergy and vaccinations.
- The belief that skin testing is unreliable until your baby is two years of age or older.
- Shellfish allergies and iodine.
- Treating severe allergic reactions, or anaphylaxis. Can you use antihistamines first? (Hint: the answer is no! Use epinephrine first).
We also thank Sanofi for providing an unrestricted sponsorship of this webinar.
Food Allergy Test: What Does It Mean?
This blog post by Dr. Stukus reviews medical language and explains food allergy tests.
- Demystifying Oral Food Challenges
Learn what oral food challenges are and how to prepare for them.
- Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Food Allergy in the United States
The guidelines provide steps for parents and medical providers on how to diagnose, manage and treat food allergies and severe allergic reactions.
Food Allergy Testing (April 2014)
Oral Food Challenges: What to Expect (July 2015)
Anaphylaxis in America: What Do Doctors Know? (April 2015)
Everything You Need to Know about Epinephrine, and More (February 2014)
Find a board certified allergist via the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI).
Find an allergist in your local area via the American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. *FAAAAI denotes Fellows who have achieved recognition as leaders in the field of allergy/immunology
#KeepItTeal this Halloween!
Share your photos on our #KeepItTeal photo album and you could win a VISA gift card provided by
So Delicious® Dairy Free. Show us your Halloween costumes, non-food treats, teal decorations,
crafts and pumpkins, and allergy-friendly treats!
Save the Date!
Food Allergy Confidence and the Holidays
November 3, 2015 at 1 pm Eastern (10 am Pacific)
Sloane Miller, MFA, MSW, LMSW
Food Allergy Counselor and Author
Allergic Girl Resources, Inc.
Look for registration link soon!
YOU MAKE OUR WEBINARS POSSIBLE
The generous support of our donors allows us to reach families who need our help. A webinar attendee recently told us: "I really enjoyed this seminar and will forward the link when it is available for others to view.Thank you for doing this as you make a HUGE difference for so many lives!"
You can help ensure our webinar series continues to be accessible to all families free of charge. You enable us to give families managing food allergies the information they need to keep their children safe and healthy. Please give generously!