Stuffing recipes typically use cubes of bread. If you do not have a safe bread to use, the solutions below will help you Serve Allergy Friendly Eats. Be sure to follow our blog so you can receive all of the #SAFEHacks!
Problem: You don't have a safe allergy-friendly or gluten-free bread to make stuffing.
Solution: You can substitute bread cubes with any of the following to make stuffing:
- Wild rice pilaf
- Brown rice with mushrooms
- Cooked whole grains (buckwheat, millet or quinoa)
- Roasted, puffed cereal (such as amaranth)
If you have a safe bread, you can make your own stuffing mix. Try one of these delicious recipes:
- Croutons for Stuffing
- Annika's Stuffing
- Grandma's "Stuffing Made Safe"
- My Sister's Famous Holiday Stuffing
- Jack-Jack Stuffing
Updated November 2018